Project Management - RSS Feeds

Thursday, May 29, 2008

How motivated are you?

A former student reached out to me recently because she wanted to talk about her PMP application. When we first met a few months ago, she was excited and motivated about completing the application. Of course, after several short weeks, she said she lost some motivation after learning more about the long process and felt that she needed some guidance to get back on track.

We chatted for about 45 minutes or so with topics such as application tips, what to expect if she's audited, and what her next steps are. We also briefly talked about my speaking engagements and what I told her was that although it's really easy to just show up and disseminate information, my goal is to "kick people in the butt". I want to see people pumped up about whatever the topic is and I want them to feel empowered.

When we finished our conversation, she said that's exactly how she feels about her PMP application after our chat. The lesson? Never hesitate to ask someone for help if you need it. It could be the little nudge you need to accomplish your task.

No comments: