Project Management - RSS Feeds

Saturday, February 23, 2008

So who exactly trains PMI employees?

Everyone needs training, even PMI. When PMI has a need to train their employees in project management, who do you think they call? That's right, yours truly.

I'm not telling you this to boast, nor am I telling you this to sell you something. Rather, the message I'm trying to convey is that project management is project management. Good trainers and consultants are as good as the message they can deliver.

The message itself can actually be delivered by anyone but there's a big difference between someone who can be dynamic versus someone who just, well ... delivers it. Even if I am the most knowledgeable person on the subject matter, no one would really choose me solely because of that. I am chosen because of my presence in front of an audience.

For the record, I do not claim to be the most knowledgeable but I will continually get speaking engagements (sometimes for PMI) and additional training opportunities because I can drive a message home. The lesson for today? Go get some practice speaking in front of others.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More and more companies are trying to get nimble to enable them to respond to change with agility. Over the years, there has been a clear shift in momentum about the ways how companies manage projects. So, the project manager should be a PMP certified, who can better handle the planning, execution, and closing of any project. To get yourself prepared for PMP Certification , http://www.pmstudy.com is the best source.geuse nine