Project Management - RSS Feeds

Monday, March 3, 2008

More speaking...

Tonight and tomorrow night, my PSU classes will be delivering their project presentations to me. This is the pinnacle for the course for them.

Unlike some instructors, I will be spending a good deal of time providing feedback. I also expect them to apply that feedback to their presentation for their next course.

Why? Because presentation skills are one of the more underrated, yet valuable skills to have as a PM. The top PMs (we can assume in prestige and salary) give presentations regularly. They present changes to boards, updates to executives, design info to teams, etc... Any time they have to stand in front of a room, they're presenting!

Have you ever left a meeting where the presenter was dull? That's probably all you remember. How about a meeting where the presenter was dynamic? That meeting is probably still very vivid in your head. Remember what I stated in one of my previous posts, content can easily get lost if not delivered well.

So tonight will be fun -- for me, that is. It will be fun for the students too but they don't know it yet.

No comments: