Project Management - RSS Feeds

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

On the road and too lazy to get my own food

So, here I am on business this week at a client that is 1500 miles from my home. When I first learned that I was headed to Denver, I figured my client would put me up at a half decent hotel. Instead, I end up here at an extended stay facility and guess what -- there's no room service and no restaurant on-site!

I'm no diva but I'd just like to eat and therefore I want easy access to food. Some people enjoy painting the town red but if you're anything like me, you may prefer to just head straight to your room after a long day and just be a vegetable.

Rather than looking through the stack of phone books in my room (really, they're still in publication?) I recall studying internet delivery services back in 2000 when I was going through my MBA program. I know many of them didn't make it through the dot com implosion but I wondered if I could find one that could go to a local establishment and get my food for me.

A quick google and I found Foodler.com. I briefly scanned the restaurants that the service would deliver to my zip, picked a few things on the menu, and charged the entire order on my card. In a few moments, I received an email confirmation and about 45 minutes after that, there's a knock on my door.

Last night, I had a gourmet pizza from California Pizza, tonight, I had a steak from Bennigan's, and tomorrow, I'm eying a few items from the Thai Pot Cafe. I mean sure, they're not exactly five star dinners but I can tell you that I really enjoyed ordering from a variety of menus and paying for it in one spot.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: